- Cloud Acceleration Services help maintain and build personalized SDN solutions.
- The modular, open, and fully programmable Altiplano platform enables network builders to connect quickly and deploy new services, devices, and applications.
- Nokia Cloud Acceleration Services are designed to streamline network development.
- Nokia presents the Altiplano Developer Portal with a software development kit (SDK).
Nokia declared that it has advanced its Altiplano cloud platform by introducing Cloud Acceleration Services to boost Software Defined Network (SDN) success for broadband builders and application developers worldwide. Thus, Cloud Acceleration Services aid, maintain, and build personalized SDN solutions, ensuring all network nodes, such as legacy, third party, and virtually find their place in the network.
The modular, open, and fully programmable Altiplano platform enables network builders to leverage broadband networks as a platform, making it simple to connect quickly and deploy new services, devices, and applications. Being a full-featured package and open forum, it serves as per each operator’s needs.
Moving to cloud and SDN is a once-in-a-generation opportunity for network builders to drive competitiveness with new levels of operational efficiency, agility, and scale. It enables secure hardware-based infrastructure to evolve to software-defined platforms. Software-defined access networks (SDAN) get flexible cloud attributes, including automation, IT-style programming, quick adjustments, and fast feature delivery.
The path toward cloud and platform operations is incremental and depends on each operator’s unique business, operational, and technological needs.
Nokia Cloud Acceleration Services are designed to streamline the network development by utilizing a three-step approach that lets operators define the optimal path and speed toward open disaggregated access solutions:
- The cloud-native abilities of the Nokia Altiplano platform merged with the Nokia DevOps Automation Platform, and Nokia’s System Integration approach will assist operators in testing and launching new features and services in the market.
- Technology and business consulting services and modeling tools help evaluate the operator-specific SDAN benefits and use cases.
- Automated testing services, system integration, key assets such as Migration Operations Centers, and Nokia SDAN Multivendor Integration get the personalized SDAN solution from the drawing board into reality.
Altiplano Developer Portal
Nokia presents the Altiplano Developer Portal with a software development kit (SDK) to assimilate effortlessly and completely manage device and application connectivity. Further, SDK supports the development of custom solutions that leverage both Nokia and third-party elements. Before deploying in the field, operators can also gain instant access to a virtual lab environment to develop and test applications and services.
Using the Connected Partner Program, independent software vendors proactively combine their OSS applications with Nokia’s fixed network solutions to fast-track assimilation efforts.
Nokia presents a complete portfolio of SDN native nodes ranging from large chassis-based systems to smaller stackable nodes and sealed/dense micro-nodes. For instance, in the new 1RU Lightspan DF-16G fiber node and the modular chassis Lightspan MX-6. Further, Lightspan MX-6 allows a smooth evolution to SDN via a software upgrade, only when operators have a compatible ISAM MX-6 platform in the field.